Emeritus Laureate Professor John Hattie ONZM presenting: Visible Learning for Parents: A tribute to Kevin Marjoribanks.
COVID-19 has shown the power of parents knowing about the language of learning.
The session will outline 10 major mind frames for parents engaging with their children, and outline implications for schools.
The mind frames relate to parents:
• developing high expectations
• making reasonable demands and being highly responsive
• developing the skill will and sense of thrill in learning
• knowing optimal feedback and valuing struggle and errors
• knowing how to communicate with schools and teachers
• focusing on evaluating their impact on their students.